PHO - Pokémon Hackers Online
Go Back   PHO - Pokémon Hackers Online > Other Generations Hacking > Tools, Utilities & Resources

Tools, Utilities & Resources Get tools that help you create and ease the process of creating and modifying. Share resources for people to use in their hack.

Old 7th September 2014, 03:25 AM   #1
locksmitharmy
What does this button do?.....

locksmitharmy
Default LSA - Complete Multi-Choice Box Editor

Complete Multi-Choice Box Editor is a simple tool for editing the Multi-Choice Boxes in Pokemon Games.

It handles all the repointing for you, you never have to type in an offset... ever. If you do however, it will put the data where you tell it... it assumes you mean to put it there even if its overwriting stuff.

You can repoint the whole table if you need to add more, but this must be done before editing any boxes. You can increase or decrease the number of choices in any box but this must be done before editing any choices...

If you repoint the table or change a box and it gets repointed, the tool removes the old table or box data, freeing up space, so repointing the table more than once wont be wasting space. This is not the case for text offsets though, if the text gets longer and ends up being repointed, it leaves the old text (important because some boxes reuse the same text)

I know people say you should do this by hand... but I really cant see why... its boring.

CMBE1.JPG CMBE2.JPG

currently only supports BPRE 1.0
UPDATE: Version 1.1 supports BPRE and BPEE.

If I could find the pointers to the tables, I would make it support more roms (when I search for the box offsets I find more than one possible pointer, and Im unsure which is the correct one)

critics are always welcome.

(version 1.1 updated 9/7/14)
LSA - Complete Multi-Choice Box Editor.zip

Last edited by locksmitharmy; 7th September 2014 at 07:18 PM.
locksmitharmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Likes Mateo, Sky0fBlades liked this post
Sponsored Links
Old 7th September 2014, 07:24 PM   #2
locksmitharmy

locksmitharmy

UPDATE: Version 1.1 supports FireRed and Emerald...
Old 7th September 2014, 07:44 PM   #3
RocketLeader
Pokemon Rocket Strike creator

RocketLeader

Quote:
I know people say you should do this by hand... but I really cant see why... its boring.
Thumbs up, looks like a nice tool!
Old 10th December 2014, 10:43 PM   #4
kidblazex87
Getting there...

kidblazex87

Sorry if this is a late reply but I just started using it. Which box is the PC box? If you could include that in the next update that would be nice.
kidblazex87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2014, 10:46 PM   #5
locksmitharmy

locksmitharmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidblazex87 View Post
Sorry if this is a late reply but I just started using it. Which box is the PC box? If you could include that in the next update that would be nice.
I have no idea what you are asking here...
Old 10th December 2014, 11:27 PM   #6
kidblazex87
Getting there...

kidblazex87

You know when you go to a PC at the Pokemon Center and they give the choice between "Someone's PC, Prof. Oak's PC, or Player's PC." I was wondering if you could allow editing for that multichoice box.
Old 11th December 2014, 08:11 PM   #7
locksmitharmy

locksmitharmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidblazex87 View Post
You know when you go to a PC at the Pokemon Center and they give the choice between "Someone's PC, Prof. Oak's PC, or Player's PC." I was wondering if you could allow editing for that multichoice box.
thats more like a menu than a multi-choice-box, it would be handled by the PC system... I wouldnt even know where that is stored.
Old 17th December 2014, 10:19 PM   #8
kidblazex87
Getting there...

kidblazex87

Oh well, still, this is a very useful tool. I'll be sure to give credit for using it.

Tags
box, complete, editor, lsa, multichoice, [Editor]